Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Swatches, review and nail art Jior Couture Summer Collection 2014 #JiorNailsAndDrink (part 2)

This is part 2 of #JiorNailsAndDrink which is the Summer Collection 2014 by +Jior Couture.
Release date: June 28
Part 1 can be found here.

Part 2 is all about Raspberry Lemon Slush.
Inspired by the drink:
Source: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/excuse-us-while-we-play-in-the-sprinklers.html

Swatches

Picture taken in the shade

Picture taken in the shade

Picture taken in the shade

Review

This is color I would definitely not have picked out myself (because of personal taste).
I have just a few oranges and reds in my collection but I only use them for nail art.
Raspberry Lemon Slush is a dark orange/reddish color and the closest comparison I can make is with red brick.
Oh, and the drink of course! Isn't it a perfect match?!
The polish applies like a jelly and I used 2-3 coats. You can still see the tipline but I'm not sure if more coats will make a difference.
This dries to a semi matte/suede like finish.
I didn't use a topcoat for the swatches.
This color really grew on me. The more time I had it on the more I liked it!
I'm actually very glad now that I've received this color because it's nothing I have yet.
And best thing about this polish is: it's a glow in the dark as well!
I'm still a bit sceptic when it comes to glow in the dark's as I remember my first experiences with lacquers that claimed to be glow in the dark and didn't glow at all, or the lacquers that you first have to charge under a lamp...
I can tell you...this lacquer doesn't require a lamp and it glows bright!


Nail art

The deep orange color is a very earthy color.
It reminds me of populations that paint their body/faces with earthy pigments.
I then thought of the sun because it's the summer collection and ended up with a sun design that could easily fit within the Tribal Art/Tattoo art.
I used a detail brush and black acrylic.
This picture is taken in the shade and is with topcoat.


The sun design was actually pretty clear in the dark as well but my camera however failed to capture its true beauty :(


Want to know more about the new summer collection and/or +Jior Couture?
Here are some links to their media:

2 comments:

  1. I went to the web site and am liking what I see, especially the jelly collection (that is one type of polish that I just don't have to much of).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already had Jior Couture in my circles but I had never ordered something from the States until I saw a swatch of Sagittarius and just knew I had to have it!
      Since then I've been looking more seriously to the collections of Jior Couture and I love the unique lacquers.
      I think I will order a custom lacquer as well...who doesn't want a Margriet lacquer ;P

      Delete