Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 359) 2014 Christmas ornaments

Today I've started with the New Year nails.
I didn't want the transition between Christmas and New Year being too big.
The Netherlands still has a second Christmas Day (Dec. 26th).
Therefore my first 2014 nail art consists of Christmas ornaments saying 2014.
This kind of design can be found on many Christmas cards as well wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

I've started with applying transfer foil (silver, different designs) on my nails.
Then I took a dark red polish to paint my nails, leaving 4 open circles (the ornaments).
After that I took a gold polish for the top of the ornaments and ribbon).
I finished by painting some pine branches with a dark green polish.
I didn't put on a topcoat because I didn't want to ruin the transfer foil and I liked the texture of the branches.

3 comments:

  1. Eh, this is definitely one of the best if not the best, Christmas & New Year nail art I've seen! Love the transition and you certainly placed in the crucial elements! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really amazing! this is one of the best nail polish designs i have ever seen. My cousin engagement is coming, and would love to apply this and make other ladies get jealous:)

    ReplyDelete