Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 299) Nail art rainbow waterfall

So, this week's challenge on NPQ is "Waterfall nail art".
Let's start with a confession...I hadn't heard of it before this challenge (◐.̃◐)
But when I looked at the nail arts they suggested I was like: "Oh, is that a waterfall nail art!"
It is actually a pretty simple design which can be achieved by amateurs as well as pro's.

Now, I didn't bother to make a tutorial. You can find a good one at Nailasaurus.

I immediately wanted to do a rainbow waterfall (of course ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿).
And it was only after I finished my nail art that I realized that I hadn't followed the Nailasaurus tutorial...

So here is my tutorial in words (sorry!)
1) Start by painting your nails black
2) Get your rainbow colors
I chose to use my glitters.
The 7 colors of the rainbow were IMAO too much for using it on just one nail but splitting them up between 4 nails isn't easy either right?!
So, after taking a good look at my glitters I came to 12 colors: dark red, red, reddish orange, orange, yellow, light green, green, turquoise, teal, blue, dark purple, purple
Three colors per nail.
3) Each color got 1/3 part of the nail.
I used a striper brush to make stripes with the first color (dark red) on 1/3 of the Nail. Then I made stripes with the second color (red) from 1/3 to 2/3 and so on...
The stripes have different lengths




5 comments:

  1. lovely ...........:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no word verification also yippie :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you!
      Yiep. Thanks for verifying that the word verification is now gone...thanks to your tutorial :D

      Delete
  2. So lovely! And that you chose shimmering and glittering colours just make this nail art looks even more fabulous! Love your take on this waterfall nail art! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is one of my favs...Turned out better than I expected

      Delete