Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 277) Breast cancer awareness month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM).
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women.
Main goal for this month is: Increase awareness of the disease and raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
And I guess we are all thinking about the people we already lost due to this disease.

To increase awareness I think it's my duty to make some nail arts for this cause.
Therefore some pink designs, pink ribbons (breast cancer symbol) will be here this month.

For today's nail art I used a pink ribbon as the body for a butterfly:


Used polishes:
- OPI Couture de Minnie A Definite Moust-Have (pink)
- OPI Couture de Minnie Chic from Ears to Tail (light pink)
- Goodmark Nail Enamel B13085 (white)

7 comments:

  1. Putting the ribbon and butterfly together is an inspired idea. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! It's not my idea though. I found several images on the Internet of pink ribbons with butterflies. I used it to create this nail art.

      Delete
  2. your an amazing person! keep going, much love

    -XOX-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! I just saw yours! Great..love!

      Delete
  3. How beautifully graceful! I love that you did only an accent yet it still creates a very finished nail art manicure! Absolutely a beautiful butterfly and very fitting for Breast Cancer awareness! Great job! I do love the vibrant pink you used in this mani, really stands out :)

    ReplyDelete