Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 195) Marble art (Sephora)

Thanks to Teresa Gardner and her lovely blogpost (which you can find here: boomernails) I've been looking for OPI's black spotted everywhere.
Haven't found it yet, but I did find Sephora's Marble Art topcoat, which claims to do the same thing.
For the price of 5,14 USD I thought I give it a try.

As base for my nail art I used two polishes also purchased at Sephora:
Left: Sephora - 84 Full moon party
Right: Sephora - 72 Tomorrow, detox!
 
Both nail polishes have a simularity with metallic polishes.
The left one can be described as a dark purple with multicolor glitter.
The right one is a petrol color with silver glitter.
 
I started with two coats of the purple polish and then placed some randomly areas of the petrol color.
 
After this simple base let's get to the most important part of this post:
Sephora - 07 Marble Art
 
The topcoat itself has some simularity to watercolor paint.
I applied a very thin coat of this topcoat (too thick will just make a black nail).
It immediately starts to make holes in it. No perfect dots, but more random shapes, revealing the underlaying surface of petrol and purple.
I haven't used a topcoat, but if you're satisfied with the outcome, I think you should.
If you wait some time before applying a topcoat, some more marble art topcoat will be gone revealing more of your base color.
I think the nail art looks better the next day (revealing more of your base), but it all depends on your own desires and also your underlaying colors I think.
 
I'm very happy with the two topcoats I bought at Sephora (also see previous blogpost about Sephora's Tie Dye topcoat).
They've turned out better than expected!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I am going to check out Sephora online to see if I can get the tie dye-I really like that look. This one is great too. I had never gotten Sephora polishes or seen them talked about until you-maybe I can't get them here? i need to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora is great!
      Sadly they closed all their shops in The Netherlands to focus on a bigger market.
      Besides YSL they are (as far as I know) the only other brand which has a tie dye topcoat. I haven't seen any good swatches of YSL though...at least, nothing that looked like a tie dye..
      So, I think this is worth the money if you want to be able to make an easy gradiënt.

      Delete